Abbaye Notre Dame des Anges
Why take advantage?
The convent of Sainte-Marie des Anges was blessed on the fourth Sunday after Easter in 1507. It would have housed Cordeliers or Franciscan monks from the Ile Vierge. No trace of their stay remains on the Virgin Island. On leaving the island, the monks first settled for a short time in a convent at Saint-Antoine, before moving to Notre Dame des Anges. The Cordeliers occupied the monastery for 76 years, before being replaced in 1583 by the Récollets, who stayed until the French Revolution.